9:00 am CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
CLOSED SESSION – Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative Only
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative
- Traditional Opening
(Government Code sections 11126(e)(1), (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(C)(i))
California Cultural Resources Preservation Alliance, et al. vs. California State
- Pending Litigation
University – Matter involving Puvungna sacred site on California State University, Long Beach property.
- California Tribal Contact List — Pala Band of Mission Indians concerns regarding criteria for inclusion on the list maintained by Commission.
MotIon on Action 1
- NAHC Officer Elections
- Puvungna Investigation Tribal Request, Justin Freeborn, Enforcement Attorney
Motion on Action 2
- California Tribal Contact List Regulations, Commissioner Atteberry and Commissioner Lopez-Keifer
Motion on Action 3
- CalNAGPRA Mediation Regulations, Vanessa Racehorse, CalNAGPRA Attorney
- Revised Executive Secretary Position, Strategic Plan and Budget, Commissioner Pagaling and Chairperson Miranda
- 12:00pm LUNCH BREAK
1:00pm MEETING RECONVENES
- Approval of Minutes
Motion on Action 6
- January 17, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- July 31, 2020
- August 11, 2020
- October 16, 2020
- October 16, 2020 – Closed Session
- February 24, 2021
- April 16, 2021
- April 16, 2021 – Closed Session
- June 24, 2021
- 2021-2022 FY NAHC Commission Meeting Proposed Dates, Chairperson Miranda
Motion on Action 7
- Friday, October 15, 2021
- Friday, January 21, 2022
- Friday, April 15, 2022
- Friday, July 15, 2022
PUBLIC COMMENT – Public comment will be limited to 5 minutes for each speaker, unless otherwise determined by the Commission.
- Update and presentation of deliverables from the contract between NAHC and UCLA School of Law, Lauren Van Schilfgaarde, Director, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Tribal Legal Development Clinic, UCLA School of Law
- Commissioner Reports (per Bagley-Keene)
Please email your public comments to [email protected]
by 4:00PM Thursday, July 29, 2021. All submissions should include “Public Comment” in the subject line, your name, who you represent, and the subject you wish to address.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
4:00 pm ADJOURNMENT – At the end of Public Comment or 4:00 PM
, whichever is first.
*The Native American Heritage Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need additional information or assistance
, please contact the Commission at (916) 373-3710 or via email at [email protected]. Our website address is: www.nahc.ca.gov.